Lets see your daily drivers...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by NateV, Feb 6, 2009.

1. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

every damn day! 271,000 miles and counting, i average 1500 miles a month with it, I may look into a luxury sedan for a comfortable daily driver non work related next year if things keep going the way they are. I was thinking either caddilac cts v or maserati quattroporte both about 50,000 cars lightly used, and have very nice features. I was also thinking about picking up a vw tdi golf or jetta to drive to do estimates in and to take some of the wear and tear off my f350, but thinking about it more I would be spending 5-6000 to "save" money on fuel. not sure how great of an idea it really is, especially with registering it, property taxes, insurance and maintenance on that vehicle too.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

Ron, your Rubi is coming together very nicely! Like the new Kevlars let us know when you test them out on dirt and rocks.

3. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

Very nice truck RSK

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Lots of trail rigs use them, they are being toted as all terrain, even though they are mud terrain. I was thumbing through a Jeep magazine and read 6 articles with builds of trail and daily driver rigs and they all had the same Good Year Kevlars.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. S-205

from Ontario

Yeah I've read a few things about them on extreme4x4 and stuff. And alot of guys on Project JK run them. You should subscribe to wayalife on Youtube, his project JK vids are awesome!

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Wayalife aka Eddie is a dick, he's a communist at heart, on trails he will not allow any pics taken by "outsiders" of his Jeep and he loves the ban button on his forum. He gets paid heavily by the sponsors. All his friends are just hanging out with him so they don't end up getting banned and ostracized. Eddie is like that popular b*itch in high school with all her friends at the top of the pecking order, and if 1 friend disagrees with the head b*tch, she's gone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Sounds like a cool guy! :laugh:

8. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks, It gets washed about once every 2 months or so, unless we have a snow storm then it gets washed off after i'm done plowing. no wax ever. how do you like your 94 7.3 idi, I might be going to look at f350 dump with a fisher mm plow 7.3 idi and mint dumb bed for 2500 in nh

9. weesa20

weesa20 LawnSite Member

Test drove 2011 CTS-V auto (coupe and sedan) and hated them. Was driving a 2010 grand sport corvette at the time and the CTS-Vs feel like under powered fat pigs which is what they are compared to the GS Vette. Auto shifter is crap- seemed to take a day and a half to shift.

Traded in the GS (had a baby...) for a 2012 VW Toureg TDI which I love so far.

10. S-205

from Ontario

Haha well then he probably is a ******bag, but they make quality wheeling videos so I watch them.