Let's take a minute to talk business

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Hollowellreid, Apr 8, 2013.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Recession proof! Got to have a part of yopur buisness that is Recession proof. Great advice.
    I also agree that you need a core buisness that the profit margin is great in and use the fluff for fill in. Take that core buisness and grow it. I used too find myself taking jobs just too make pay for my employees. That is a bad idea. Drives the profit margin down for everyone. Look back at your P&L's and list the jobs in regard too net profit. That will help you get a clearer picture.

I remeber several years ago there was much discussion about how expensive CTL's where too operate and how you could not charge enough an hour too pay for there maint. I satrted digging through my P&L's and found that my skid was generating 120-150 an hour when working. Through dumb luck I had found a way too work the machine and average double the market rate. Sometimes the seemingly obvious is the first thing overlooked.