Let's talk diesel.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Chris_NC06, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Duly noted :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

And then dump all your money into the gas pumps instead of the vehicle manufacturer :) just a joke, I have both

3. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell me again, why are diesels the economy option on every other continent? If Ford would put a small diesel In a Ranger size truck, I'd take 6 next week. Toyota Hilux. No market for those vehicles here huh?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

Love this topic. I would have a diesel option for every truck if I had my way. And many cars too for that matter.
    I'm a big cummins fan so I would vote that. Ford makes good trucks too but an inline 6 is a much better design.

5. 711SnoPro

711SnoPro LawnSite Member

I've always liked our Duramax's. have around 12k on the '13 3500 so far with no complaints. Can't beat the Allison! The 08 had 180k and the 06 was over 210k with minimal troubles before we traded them.

Honestly though you can't go wrong with any of the three. Drive em all and pick what you like best! If we didn't get such a good deal on this Chevy I'm driving now I would have gotten a cummins. Just because.

6. RSNovi

RSNovi LawnSite Member
    from MI

Dodge is going to sell a 1500 with a diesel in 2014z
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Chris_NC06

Male, from Sanford, NC

I know, a 1500 ain't enough truck for me though. Keep the reviews coming guys!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Chris_NC06

Male, from Sanford, NC

9. Chris_NC06

Male, from Sanford, NC

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I just really hate that big junk of depreciation when you drive a spankin new one off the lot. All my buddies in EMS are raving about the 6.7 Fords on the bambulances. I'm eyeing a newer F350 DRW for my personal use.
    Posted via Mobile Device