1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Let's talk P/U truck bed sprayers........

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Pastures, May 14, 2004.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I need one.

I've looked at Lesco only.

I've looked at 200 gal units only. That's really all I need.

What have you got?

What do you recommend?

Woulda, coulda, shoulda's ?!?!?

I've LONG since outgrown the 5 gal backpack sprayer, but did not want to spend the money till I had to walk 20 some acres with that same 5 gal backpack sprayer this spring.......

Some help guy's......

2. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

try http://www.northerntool.com they have spray tanks. alittle off the subject but my uncle bought a bunch of nursery equipment when they auctioned it off. i got a 100 gallon tank and a five hp briggs pump for spraying for $20 all i need now is a hose reel. (the briggs starts on the third pull):D
  3. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

20-25gal spray rig
    on the back of a four-wheeler
  4. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I jhave 2 of the lesco 200 gal space savers. Not a single complaint so far other than the hose is a little too heavy that came standard on it. Paid $2900 for each. They have hypro pumps that are a breeze to maintain.
  5. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

300 Gal Fiberglass Lesco.
  6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought one of the Northerntools 200 gal units 7 years ago. Has worked good. The frames are kinda flimsy, but they were using good components. Honda 5.5 OHV, D30 Hypro, Electric hose reel, But the tank plumbing was kinda cheap. I have since rebuilt it using a 525 gallon tank on my self built frame.
  7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I forgot to say, I like the Lesco fiber tank because I like the mechanical agitation in the tank. Makes useing wettable powder easier.
  8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

9. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

That's a nice spray rig you are looking at.

As of right now, I just have a 50 gallon Lesco tank with the Hannay electric reel and 300 ft. hose. When this tank becomes a hassle like the backpacks did before, I will seriously look at upgrading to the spacesaver unit or a ride on.
  10. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Hey GP,

Have you considered a ride on?
    There are a few around.
    The Perma-green gets mixed reviews but as you can see if you do a search the z-spray is a great machine.
    There is also a company called C & S turf equipment that sells a ride-on as well.
    If you are serious about the sprayer, I suggest going all the way and stop pushing that spreader!
    E-mail John at jasant2@comcast.net.
    Look at csturfequip.com you can see the turf tracker jr there.
    This Jonh has a turf tracker jr that is priced right.
    It is around $4000
    Good luck