Lets try another.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1grnlwn, Jul 7, 2004.

?

Which person would you slap?

1. New plants with no edging and mulch/newspaper/grass with 2' spacing.

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. 3 lb ceramic object hanging from tree limb 4.5' high.

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Catagory yard obsticals.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i've blindly hit a full birdfeeder with my head........

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I've got a hard head, but I hate people that plant stuff all over the yard. I keep telling them that is what beds are for.

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

My guy just ran over some perennials the other day. they looked just like blades of grass....... and she planted them in the middle of the lawn, with no type of anything to differentiate. jack azz.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I hate birdfeeders and such(lights, birdhouses, yard junk / art...) hanging from low tree limbs. Last week , I got about 1/2 of a hummingbird feeder spilled down my back when I hit it when mowing. Nice to be sticky and a bee magnet for the rest of the day..

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

People who have a bed that's 4 feet wide, and insist on planting their flowers RIGHT AT THE EDGE of the grass piss me off soooo much!
    ARGH!

:mad:

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I got a good one...customer (woman) decides to run a clothes line from the side of her house to a tree across the yard. Ready for this? The best part is it's 5 and 1/2 feet off the ground (I'm 6'1") running a WB with a velke and the frigging line is dark GREEN! I was inches away from it when I saw it at the last moment nearly getting decapitated.

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i hate low branches on trees, esp on my new rider.

rod, one time this winter i nearly got decapitated while snowmobiling, the county closed the trail with orange snow fence, held up by a rope between two trees, however the weight of the snow ripped the fence down, but left the rope. i was doing about 45-50 when i saw it litterally a half second before i hit it (luckily in the daylight!). i managed to duck down below the windsheild, i got clipped in the shoulders and got friction burns from it on the windsheild and my shoulders, but my head is still on luckily. i stopped and just sat there shaking for a moment after it happened and then went back and cut the rope down so no one else would do it later that night.

9. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a customer with bird feeders all over. I don't mind them so much, but she leaves empty hooks for more hanging up all the time I catch myself on! That deserves some sense slapped into them!:blob2:

10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

one time I nailed a canoe that the cutomer left at about 5'5".
    never saw it coming, it was just high enough that I could not see it and then it was wham.