1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Let's Watch the Language

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, May 22, 2004.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

There was a thread started recently about the profanity that's been taking place here lately. I don't care if you are grown guys or not, settle down and watch the language. We've all heard it before, but it's not necessary here. Sean Adams is running a professional forum, which is free for everyone to utilize, let's not drag it down into the gutter. Sean and Chuck put a lot of hard work into this forum, let's show them some respect and keep it clean.
    I haven't been removing every little infraction lately, giving some leeway, but look what happens if I don't. The cussing and garbage talk is getting too much. Settle down some.
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Thanks for that Jodi. I haven't been here long but I've seen it myself. Keep a tight rein,keep the standards high.
  4. Jodi that thread since i read it seriously bothered me .of couse i would never utter foul words lol ...but if anybody needs the gutter ..let me know and you can be a member in the gutter basement of lawnsite ....odin's valhalla hahahahaha lol
  5. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

^^^^^^^ I thought we weren't s'posed to mention it "up here"
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i agree jodi, and thank goodness you are here to keep these fellas in line
  7. griffin16

griffin16 LawnSite Member

Good Golly !!!!!!!
  8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Thank you very much!
  9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I'll spend my 2 cents worth here as I usually do.
    Agreed Jodi on your basic premis.....................
    Beyond that................
    This industry is chock FULL of rough and tumble people,that's what it takes to survive more often than not in the "green" industry.
    That being said,The more people make an issue of it the more it will become an issue.
    Don't believe me?
    Just check out the thread that Jodi is referencing.
    nuff said.
  10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

So, we who don't want to hear the language are just supposed to comprimise our beliefs and standards and basically just shut up?

Is that what you're saying between the lines?

Cuz if it is, I think you're dead wrong.

It's time for moral people to stand up and scream at the top of their lungs and don't stop screaming until we take America back from those who would have us comprimise.

I do not want to hear the language and my right not to hear it is equal to your right to free speech. The differences is this is a private forum and the owners and moderators have set up rules that say keep the language in check. So, unless you want to find another forum, keep the foul language in your back pocket. Because I'll not stop "making it an issue" as long as others keep including the filth in their post's.

No, I wont shut up, I wont be quiet........

This is an educational forum set up to share ideas and techniques on proper grounds maintenance. There is no need to have to listen to the foul language coming out on some of your mouths.

There are youger people here who don't need to hear it.

I don't want to hear or read the foul language, so take it elsewhere.

:realmad: :gunsfirin :angry:

If that wasn't what you were saying please ignore my rant............