Letter Folders - What Brand?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Runner, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking to buy a letter folder. I was looking at the ones that do them singlely, that you feed each one (does up to 3 sheets at a time) at a time. They sell for around $150 at most office supply stores. However, I am now thinking more of a long term, and looking at the larger models like the ones that do several automatically. They hold about 100 sheets or so, and do about 4000 an hour. These ones are about $250. Does anyone have any input on these? Any help is appreciated. :)

2. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

I recently finished a lawn install for a customer who owns a company that deals with mailing systems. Im not sure if its what you are looking for but I know he sells a system that folds the paper and puts it in the envelope. I really dont know much about them. I think they may be more for large corporate type business who mail out thousands of letters a day but if I can find out more early next week when hes back from vacation.

3. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I started to look at those once but never bought one. If I had to chose, I would go with the $250 model. If the machine can only fold one at a time, thats not much better than doing it by hand.

4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

This is a good idea if your doing alot of flyers or mailings.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I'm figuring with around 400 customers, between statements, newsletters, and additional advertising - such as flyers, this would be worth it.
    Taproot, Thanks for the info on the machine. I DO know that these type machines are EXPENSIVE. It is weird,...I,ve seen machines that are around $1500, and some of them are are around $3000. There are some that are closer to $10,000, and I'm thinking WHAT in the WORLD! Do these things make the brochures, too? LOL

6. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

I have to meet with his wife tomorrow so maybe she can give me some info as to what the actual system is and its cost. Ill let you know when i find out more. I know i can get a great deal for you if its something you might want.

7. Adam's Lawn and Garden

Adam's Lawn and Garden LawnSite Senior Member

For bills and such that would save alot of time, and that's not alot for one. As for brochures and such i just have the copy place do it.

adam

8. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I've been in a phone company's mailing department before.

The one machine they had there was a mammoth, I bet it was 50 feet long. It folded the bill, put it in the envelope, and sealed the envelope too.

I wonder how much that thing costed:)

Anyhow, this got me to thinking, it might be a good idea to have one, I spend hours folding flyers and putting them in envelopes, any way I could find to speed up the process would be better. I would still have to put the flyers in envelopes but at least the folding time would be cut down considerably...

9. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Runner, was the $250 machine that you saw the Premier RapidFold Automatic Desktop Folder model p7200? If so, Staples.com has it for $229, and I have seen it work. Its a good machine if you are using it for invoices. I wouldn't run it 8 hours a day, but it will hold up to daily use. I happen to work at staples (for now) and we have used it in our copy center as a backup.

10. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

$3600 retail...$2700 my cost....will hold 100 letters and envelopes, fold the letters, put them in the envelopes and seal them...(with there software which comes with it) you can print envelopes using your logo and a bunch of other stuff. (for that much id hire my stepdaughter lol).