1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

letter folding machine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mrkosar, Jan 27, 2009.

1. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

anyone use one of these? what kind and where did you get it?

and yes...i'm lazy. if i can pay $200 for a machine that will save me hours in the long run then it is well worth it. maybe i can purchase a monkey and train it.
  2. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

3. mnturfmaster

mnturfmaster LawnSite Member

I have used one and they are nice. I do not know much about the one that i used at work except that it made quick time of folding thousands of letters. The one that i used could only fold 1 sheet at a time but it was quick.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i like them
  5. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

just my 2 cents...I would just drop off anything I needed folded to my printer. They have the right equipment and they maintain it. If you have a good relationship with them the charge for a few hundred to a thousand shouldn't be much. By looking at those incredibly cheap folders I'd guess you are just buying headaches!
  6. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Just one word...."Kinkos".
  8. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I would not take my invoices with all of my customer information on it to a third party to fold.

For $300 you can save the fuel, time, and risk of taking them out to have them done.
  9. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Reminds me of my printing days. Running a Baum folder for hours wow would it give me a head-ache! Of course we were running thousands and thousands of letters. The biggest problem we had was static that copies would have in them vs printed sheets. I think it would be a good investment if you had to fold hundreds of letters at a time.