Letter of Intent please

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bobdaduke, Jul 21, 2004.

1. bobdaduke

bobdaduke LawnSite Member

I am trying to bid on some large commercial accounts and I am told that I need to send a letter of Intent to bid on the property. Does anyone have an example?

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Bobdaduke,

Here is a quote from this post.

"What we do is write a letter of intent. Simply states that my company is interested in placing a bid for this property. You will either recieve a call or letter back which will state who you should address the bid to. Never ask what the current guy is charging."

3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Be sure to ask for a "spec" sheet for the property, which will state the services to be performed, insurance requirements, etc. You'll find most commercial businesses have these.

The services you may bid on will probally not encompass the same services they have in mind.

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

HEY HEY!!! I am to the point on LS.com where MY quotes are being thrown around....COOL!! Makes a good man feel better.

Trevor

5. Black95gt

Black95gt LawnSite Member

If you send your letter of intent out and you place your bid and dont get the job, is it ok to ask then?

Does anybody have a sample letter that they have sent out? I have some good thoughts on what i want to put in mine, but would like to see some samples to see if i need to include some stuff, or take some stuff out.

Thanks

6. ToddS

ToddS LawnSite Member

What time of the year is best to send these letters of intent to commercial accounts? Thanks