letter to clients for appliction of arena .please coment

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, May 7, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

this is the letter i sending out to the clients..
    if you guys feel you can use it ..you are welcome to do so..
    would you makeany changes in this letter?

PREVENTIVE GRUB CONTROL / SURFACE FEEDING INSECT CONTROL APPLICATION

As you may have noticed, there are an increased presence of grub worm and surface feeding insect damage in lawns over the past years. Most lawn care companies apply pesticides anticipation of a problem or when a few pests were present. In the past, if I saw damage or if you had it in the past, I treated for it. Since I have been in business , my company is a firm believer on “IPM” (Intergraded Pest Management). IPM is an approach that employs multiple tools to suppress pests rather than simply resorting to traditional pesticides every time a problem occurs. This is why you don’t see insect or disease controls in my program, we simply follow IPM.
    Waiting to see damage in a lawn sometimes backfires. The degree of insect injury to your turf and what is tolerable significantly varies between clients. Some clients feel that the turf will recover after insect damage.. That is true but the spots are still there.
    Getting back to the insects, for those lawns that experienced insect damage in the past, we are continuing the preventive/curative application of insect control or if you had a problem in the past , I don’t want a recurrence of the problem.
    For those of our new customers and my existing customers that are concerned with grub damage, the product that we been using in the past with great success has been replaced with a combination insect control that helps prevent grubs for a whole year (just like the product I’ve been using in the past years) and will control actively surface feeding insect. If you feel that its time to approach the grub and surface feeding insect problem with control product, I am here to apply it. I feel its time. To many times I saw damage in new customers lawns that had to be repaired at the customers expense.
    Thank You for taking time out to read this.

You have to respond by phone to me if you wont this application.
    Don’t wait all lawns will be done in a group. Call today
    The month of late May through September is the time I will be applying this insect control

Price for this application for the whole property is $_____________

Thank You,

2. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Ant, looks good overall but may be a a little too "wordy" , dumb it down for them a bit as well. Stick a picture of a big nasty Grub on it to direct their attention to important parts of the letter and maybe some will understand.

3. ant

10-4

thanks

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Overall if looks good but I would try to make it a little shorter. Most customers like to read something short and to the point.

5. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

"You have to respond by phone to me if you wont this application"

"wont" should be "want" or even better, "would like".

6. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

have you thought about the use of allectus by bayer. group venture by fmc and bayer,merit plus talstar. i have heard mixed reviews of arena.
    allectus is backed by bayer(guarantee)

7. ant

Good Point