Letter to customers about thatching and overseeding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Jul 16, 2000.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys have a letter that you send out to your customers as a reminder that you offer over-seeding and de-thatching services. I have been trying to write one for the last week, but I seem to have some serious writers cramp. I am usually good at writing but I am hurting this week. If anyone has a letter I can get some ideas of please let me know. thanks<p>joe

2. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

Ok Joe, <br>Just try sending out a simple reminder in your monthly billing like: Time to start thinking about areation,overseeding and fertilization for the Fall if you are interested please return this flyer w/ name and number and best time to call or call me ...-.... at your convience: <br> I hope that helps you

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Photo copy a brochue on the benifits of aeration. Ryan has a nice one out. Put that in your monthly billings along with your letter.

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Bob, a simple note in an invoice usually does little to attract interest. But if you tell a customer that they need this service either in person, phone, or an informative brochure they will be much more likely to seriously consider it. I am considering purchasing some professional fertilization and aeration brochures just for a more professional approach to selling these services.

5. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

I PUT A NOTICE IN THE INVOICE,WAIT 7 DAYS THEN I CALL THEM UP IT TAKES TIME BUT I GET GOOD RESULTS. I HAVE ALL THE INFO INFRONT OF ME (SQ. FEET, SPOTS THAT NEED SEEDING ,ECT...) HAVE YOUR ACT TOGETHER WHEN CALLING.<br>THEY HATE TO SAY NO ON THE PHONE.... TRY 10 AND SEE THE RESULTS.<br>ANTHONY GRELLI N.J.