Letter to my Congressman

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Apr 6, 2004.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Ok guys. I've decided to write my congressman since it's raining outside.

Here's a copy. If you think it's appropriate, send one to your congressman too.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

Attached Files:

2. Wilderness Lawn

Wilderness Lawn LawnSite Member

Great letter, let us know if you get a response!

3. budracin

budracin LawnSite Member
    from florida

a well written and much needed letter. I use to live in Lewisville, E Round Grove Rd area. You are correct, I left there because of all the crooked green industry business in that area

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Your name is Mace? are you a male or female, just curious. Never heard that name before....nice letter

5. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

This really bothers you, doesn't it. Been chewing on you day after day.

I spend my rainy days servicing equipment and trying figure out how to reschedule everything. I don't have time to worry about somebody else. I think there are probbaly a lot worse tax evasive people out there, like large businesses who can afford several good accountants who know how to tweak the system on tax breaks and end up raping the system.

6. lawn8646

lawn8646 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Great Letter!

If you don't mind I am going to copy the letter and put my pertinent info in.

Every serious company that follows the rules should copy this letter and send it in. Who knows could be a start to something.

7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

Chris Webber's real first name is Mace. Go Spartans! :laugh:

8. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Well done, very professional!

I think cheats in business should be corrected, it is the law afterall and we see the benefits of paying our taxes etc.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Many good points I might add...I'd be very interested in what kind of response (in writing) you receive (if any at all). Direct, informative, and to the point as well.

10. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

You're joking right???

On 01/08 of this year you had this to say:

Plenty of LCO's on this thread use 'suspected' illegal labor and have no regrets.

I just want to know how to pay them and stay out of trouble with the government. I'm beginning to suspect the answer is, just don't ask any questions about their SS#. But that doesn't solve the problem of them cashing their paycheck.

Im beginning to think that you are a democrat baptist.