Letter to Potential Clients

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pattytastik, Feb 14, 2012.

1. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

Using Zillow.com (a real estate web site) I found certain houses in various zip codes that I would like to pursue that have new home owners (in the last 90 days), and I am designing a letter to try to get them to use us for lawn care or other services that we offer. What do you guys think of it? Please make corrections.

Thanks Everyone!!!

Attached Files:

2. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Beautify your new properties landscape should be property's
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. pattytastik

Great catch! Thanks! What do you think of it in general?

4. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

I think you will get some calls from this. A good idea.

5. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

It is a great idea. We do that, actually designed a little "welcome to the neighborhood" basket, calendar, fridge magnet, etc.....
    Great way to get new clients!!

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I would try to get the person's actual name if at all possible, that would make it far more personal and not so generic (but I don't know if you can get names or not).

I like the overall flow of letter, but I don't particularly care for the part where you say that you started the business just as a way to earn money for college. I liked the part where you stated that you were working on getting your degrees in related fields.

I think the idea mentioned above about including a refridgerator magnet or small calendar is great! Makes you stand out from the rest of the "crowd".

7. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Both really great ideas!

8. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

How did you use zillow to do this? Because of school, I'm nearly at max capacity with mowing accounts, and I'm expecting a few new accounts from Google, so I'm not going to do as many flyers as I have in the past, but I'd like to control my advertising more.

9. pife999

pife999 LawnSite Member

I have read your letter and I think that you may be able to use some resources at your college to better it. You have a couple unique word uses. The idea is great! Good luck and be sure to report back your success rate. My mother-in-law does this for their alarm company with color postcards and has good success.

10. pattytastik

It's pretty simple. When you go to zillow.com search for the zip code you want to expand in, you will see a bunch of search features to choose from. Select "recently sold", and depending on how selective you want to be you can choose other settings. Personally, I set a price range of 250k-600k for the price that the house sold for to prevent dealing with lower class clients. That should give a pretty concise pool of potential clients. Hope that explained it