Letter to prospective customers...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Apr 23, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

For some reason I'm having a total brain lock up tonight, lack of sleep I think. I'm trying to write a letter to introduce my business to some commercial properties and I just can't seem to find the words.

Can some help me get jump started? Do you have a letter that really get's results? If so please either post it here or send via email to: unionturf@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Ray

2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Ray, I usually just give them a phone call or go by to see them. I'm usually more comfortable with that situation than I am by sending a letter, plus it gives me a chance to see if I can establish a relationship with that person from the get-go. Hope this helps.

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

we send this out each Spring to the Hotels ...Condo's etc

....ABC Lawns would like to be given the opportunity to place a grounds maintenance proposal at your location. If you are considering a change in services or to receive a free estimate please call 123-5678, and leave a message for ...... We can provide such & such type of services .....some of our local references is ......we have $ xxx of liability insurance ...uniformed works covered by WC ....

add more of your personal touch ....keep it short to the point

Good Luck ;->

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Quote: keep it short to the point

Yep, I agree. Most businesses don't have a bunch of time to sit down and read a wordy letter. Get to the point, and then when you get your call to stop by, then you can become more detailed in the aspects of your business.

5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

personly, with any business i am interested i go in person and introduce myself, and ask them if if they would be looking for a another bid or estimate, and i tell them the servcies i provide.
    its been a long day, sory about spelling.

6. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

That is a nice letter Steve. I saved it for future plagiarism :D