lettering a red truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mcwlandscaping, Aug 5, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

as some of you may or may not know, i am about to buy a truck within the next week or two. I love the truck but the only thing i can't really figure out is how will be the best way to letter it. What colors go well with the red. im color blind with certain shades of certain colors so that makes it hard for me to pick something out that would really look good. Could someone post some pics or describe how your red trucks are lettered...thanks
    The link is to a thread with a pic of the front of my biz card (my post is a little ways down the first page)...ide really like to incorporate the designs of that on the lettering, so any suggestions on that would be appreciated as well. This isn't something ide be doing right away, but maybe a month or two off, im not sure yet, it doesn't hurt to plan ahead!!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=133697&highlight=biz+cards

mike

2. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Bold white letters with black outlines.

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

A gold color with black outline. Or a yellow with black outline. I'll email you a pic of ours but I can't post it directly to LS.

4. mcwlandscaping

5. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

hey mike whats up? You still plan on buying James's truck?

6. mcwlandscaping

my needs have changed since then!! 1/2 ton won't be able to do what i need it to do, i could actually benefit from a 1 ton but need this first vehicle to also be a daily driver. I ended up finding a 1996 GMC Sierra 2500 with very low miles for its age. VERY nice paint job on it, still original i believe, and the 96 body style is my favorite from chevy so far (besides the brand new ones) so i love the truck. Extremely clean, ill be hanging an 8ft fisher HD MM1 or MM2 off the front! And most likely will have a dump insert put in.

7. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Good Luck! That truck should serve you well. What motor? 5.7? The 5.7 is a good motor. Your making the right move with going to a 3/4 ton truck.

8. mcwlandscaping

yea mike, thanks, im glad i waited till about now to buy this truck, patience is a virtue!! yes, its got the 5.7 vortec V8 in it, same motor and year as my dads suburban. They both have the same interiors, the only difference, and only difference, besides ones a burban and ones a truck, is the exterior color and the truck has cloth seats instead of the vinal on the burban! I love it, can't believe i found one of this year in such good condition with the miles its got!!!

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

got any pics???

10. mcwlandscaping

yes, here are two pics, one of interior and one of outside of truck....the cap on the bed is being takin off the second gets home! really hope this all works out the way i want it to!

Pic one...Exterior

GMC Sierra 01.jpg