1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lettering on Dump Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mklawnman, Mar 27, 2003.

1. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey just wanted to know where the best place is on a dump truck to put the lettering on. I'm going to be buying a 99 GMC Flatbed with 2ft sides on the back, but plan on making them 3ft high to hold more. Currently the landscaper that owns it has his lettering on the doors, but it seems its too small to see it from a distance. He's getting the lettering taken off by tommorow.
    Otherwise I was thinking of getting something made up and just put it on the door's and thats all, but would maybe instead like to put something on the sides of the dumper part so i could be bigger and visable to see.
  2. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

For better visability i would do the sides of the dump body.you can have a sign place letter up some kind of plastic pannel and use threeM vinyl to letter.Then just screw it on you your wood sides.If you buy another truck in a year and trade this one in your just take your sign to the other truck.
  3. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I have signs on the side of the dump truck. Another good place is on the rear door/tailgate of the truck, just to put your name and number on. Good advertising when sitting in traffic.
  4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the doors are best
  5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Shag Nasty Lawn Care, how may we help you...
  6. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I could get a couple cans of spray paint and spray my name on the side of the truck with the number and call myself Scrubs INC :D
    Ill consider that Idea of screwing something to the sides of the dumper for my sign. Have to see how much it will all be cause right now I dont have a design made up yet.
  7. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

So what is wrong with using spray paint on a truck....
  8. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

take a look

Pete's Pathetic Lawns is what the door reads

had to shrink the picture to post it

redo smaller dump 001.png
  9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

only in TN would you see "shag nasty lawncare" lol. the confederate flag on top sums it all up.
  10. That would be "Crawdad Holler, TN", I thing Nashville and Memphis have indoor plumbing and electric.

Crawdad, after looking at the many pics you have posted, boy I know I am not coming to visit.

I might get hunted by the beagle thinking I was a foreigner.