1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lettering on Dump Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mklawnman, Mar 27, 2003.

1. They made them long before then.

2. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with LGF, they've been making the HD for along time now. Your's might just be the regular 3500 with the A-Arm suspension, which is lower to the ground than my truck which has a straight front axle and leaf springs which makes the truck haul more, GVWR 15,000lbs.
    Yours 4x4 or 2wd???
    Matt

3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I think the lettering on the doors and on the bed would be really sharp. Another thing to consider might be if you do alot of cleanups, put a leafbox on the back of that rig and buy a loader. Do you plan on plowing with this truck? Looks good.

4. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Well so far not alot of cleanups, for spring that is but I know what your talking about for fall, that thing would be perfect, and I've seen the setups that other people have on this site, enclosing the box and buying a blower for it, well so far I dont have the money to buy a blower for the truck, already going to be making the sides 3ft high cause the highest i can go is 38" still have to figure out away to pay for my bagger that is coming in later this month that will help for those cleanups, but yes eventually I would LOVE to get a blower for the truck.
    As far as plowing is concerned I plan on putting a plow on the truck in fall and picking up some customers that I have for mowing get them for plowing as well, its just illl have to load the dumper up alot so i have enough traction.
    Matt