Lettering on enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitylandscaping, Oct 8, 2004.

1. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi guys,

I'm working with a sign shop right now to get my new enclosed trailer lettered. They sent me a proof, and I'm not crazy about it. Looks plain, but maybe the simpler the better??

If you have any advice on what could be changed/added/removed, let me know.

BTW, price quote for whats shown in the pictures is $724.50 + tax ( I think its high but thats the same number after I checked with 2 other shops)..

[​IMG]

2. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

I think it looks clean and professional. I am from the less is more school.

My 2 cents.

Mike

3. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

To really make ya sick.........the dude has $40.00 in material and 1 hr labor to do that lettering......... in all he had about $98.00 in cost....I know.......I do it.............have my own vinyl cutter and compter.........signage is a VERY high margin business...wish we could do this with lawns....

4. qualitylandscaping

Ya I know. I can order the stuff off eBay for under $100 and do it myself, but I want the warranty..

I guess its life :dizzy:

5. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, I'd say make the back of the trailer bigger fill the space...
    Also put "insured, fully insured".....

6. qualitylandscaping

Spuds,

I agree on the size for the back. I told him to put insured on it but he forgot..

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Looks kind of dumb. By all means he should of centered it. Besides not being centered it is alright.

Matt

8. qualitylandscaping

he told me he couldn't vinyl over fuel doors... I told him to space it out more so he could work around them.. And on the right side, he didn't want to cover the human door.

There will be "proud to support" section added once I get all of the logos for dealers together..

But even with all of his "work".. I'm not very impressed and flipped when I heard the cost vs. what I was getting..

9. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

Something else that will set it off is you eed the reflective red and silver tape along the bottom

10. qualitylandscaping

I got 150' of the red/silver reflective tape when I bought the trailer.. I was going to put it on as soon as I got it, but I had to work.. Then it got dirty and hasn't been washed since, and the tape won't stick :cry: