1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lettering trucks?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by qualitylawnmanagement, Aug 18, 2006.

1. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, the color of the truck I am looking at is gray stone metallic. The truck is a Chevy 2500HD crew cab short bed 6.6 auto with the new 6 speed auto Would color should the lettering be? Also how many people plow with crew cabs?

2. DAMSLandscaping

DAMSLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I think a dark red would look good.. Just my two cents..

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

what year of truck?

4. qualitylawnmanagement

2007 chevy duramax

5. mcwlandscaping

plowing with a crew cab will suck big time IMO, ive been plowing for a long time (yea i know i don't even have my license yet) in just an ext cab and that can be a pita at times.

6. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

Ignore people that sit on phone books too drive, plowing with a crew can is fine, just have to be a little more careful, its nice to be able to see out the windows, plus its comfortable.

7. qualitylawnmanagement

Yea mike I know what you mean about being a crew cab and plowing. But this is going to be a personal/ work truck. I am leaning more towards an ext cab long bed though. My regular cab is getting small right now, hauling 3 people while doing jobs is kinda of a tight fit.

8. qualitylawnmanagement

Yea, thats what I like about having a crew cab more room and hauling my crew around and still being comfortable.

9. mcwlandscaping

the new ext cabs are quite roomy.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I would imagine a crew would be fine for plowing, you actually have some side windows to look out of. I hate extended cab side windows, they're too small for anything, there might as well be sheet metal over them. Best visibility is standard cabs and crews, I'm partial to standards though.

I would never buy a truck unless it had a long box, which makes it impossible for me to ever buy a crew cab because the truck gets to be like steering the titanic in a hurry. But if you can get away with a short box, go for the crew cab.

There you go talking about stuff you have no clue about again. And you were talking about plowing in a suburban in your other thread. Now THAT'S a PITA my friend.