1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lettering vs wrapping. the best bang for your buck.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sticklelm, Dec 19, 2012.

1. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly! nice trailer btw.
  2. sticklelm

i really like the idea of the QR code reader on trailers and trucks. Hopefully next spring i can afford to get the trailer done!
  3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

Up until now we have not done maintenance at all. We were design/build, irrigation, lighting, and fert. Next season we are putting a full maintenance crew on the road though. I'll away for the holidays and will have to see what pics I can post from my ipad
  4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Funny stuff at that link. :)

I'm doing QR codes on my next round of marketing just for the inquisitive factor alone. It sets you apart from the crowd.

Even if they don't have a smartphone or know they need to download a "scanner AP" for it.

As for full wraps vs lettering....? Tough call. I did a full wrap on my 6x12 trailer for only $4k.

Would I do it again....? Yeah. Worth it...? Debatable.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. jaec

jaec LawnSite Member

Thanks! The way I see it, we all have differrent opinions on a wrap Vs lettering. I think that when you wrap a trailer or truck, you're stuck with that wrap for a couple of years and after a few years you have to re do it again. What when you change your mind about the design? Lettering is more forgiving, you can add and take away as pleased.
    Another suggestion would be partially wrapping your trailer?
    At the end is what your confortable with and what you can afford. My 2 cents.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  6. jaec

jaec LawnSite Member

We insert our Qr codes on all our marketing materials, from business cards to magnets. I've had people come up to us and ask whats that squigully thing used for, and its start a conversation sometimes with a potential customer.
  7. sticklelm

Thats awesome! I think by doing things differently and unique... it sets you apart from the competition. Yea you may make a few bad decisions, but you learn from them and then make better one. QR codes, wristbands, keychains, coffee mugs, tshirts, etc are all odd tools but can be used to bring in quite a bit of potential business. you just have to do things and find out what works.