Lettering your Trailer

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Adam3669, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't want to letter my van, because its permanent. And i dont want to get magnets because I hear they are always falling off and getting stolen.

So, would it be worthwhile to letter my trailer? Both sides, then figure out how to put somthing on the ramp when its up.
    Or would this just plain look rediculous?
    Thanks, Adam

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No great 1,if it looks crazy answer me this 1 why has ever 1 got em lettered.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Actually doing the trailer is probably the best way to go! I agree, it hurts to stick anything on the paint job on a vehicle. Magnets ruin paint and vinal, even though it's removeable, the paint fades around it and then your letters are still there after they're gone, lol!

Signs on the gate are easy, just use a sheet of aluminimum like they use for real estate signs. For that matter you can use the same for signs on the sides too. I assume you have an open trailer?

I just got a new to me truck for my business. I don't want to stick anything on the truck itself, but I have a dumpbed with nice smooth metal sides so I can have those lettered.

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have one magnet on the tailgate of my truck, and then also have the ramp of my trailer lettered. It looks nice, and lets your name be seen from a number of different angles.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Lettered trailers look great, especially if they are enclosed. They look like billboards on wheels. :)