Letters for advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by willretire@40, Jul 18, 2005.

1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

Has anyone tried this way. Instead of sending out postcards mail letters. I just think that people will not look at the postcard unless it really catches their eye, but a letter they have to open it up and will proably take the time to read it. Not really a letter put a full page flyer. Cost would be a little higher but you wont have to print in color just b&w b.c they are already reading it.

2. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I sent out letters in March. Sent 150 letters and got rough;u 15 calls and 12 of them I now have. To me that is a pretty good return.

3. willretire@40

from VA

thanks ECS. That was a very good return. Anyone else have a good or bad experience with this.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi willretire@40,

Many times with direct mail marketing postcards are used because they don't have to be opened. The reader can scan through it quickly and determine if it is useful to them or not. If you send a letter and the person reviewing it thinks it is junk mail, it won't even get opened. Just some thoughts to consider.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Learn How to Make your own Logo. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>

5. willretire@40

from VA

6. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

All of our envelopes were hand written. We also send out recipe cards as everyone we deal with, we deal with the lady of the house. Although we have not got any work from them yet, the people who have gotten them say they like them alot. They also share them with friends. Each time our recipe is used, our name and # are right there as a reminder of our services for them. We send out about 200 per quarter.