1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Letters on truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by enviouslawns, Mar 23, 2008.

1. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

Wats the best way to get all the letters off of my truck, they havent even been on tehre a year yet????
  2. jhakarter

jhakarter LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

We had letters on our race trailer when we baught it that were on for a year max. They were a PITA to get off. We used a heat gun and a razer blade, however on a truck maybe try to see if u can get like a plastic blade of some sort. If the adheisive stays try 3M adheisive remover. That is what we used to get the adheisive off and it worked great. Best of luck!
  3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

try a pressure washer... it took my chevy & 4X4 stickers off my truck in about 10 seconds.
  4. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Goo-gone and a (PLASTIC) razer blade...
  5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Must have been bad quality vinyl because the good stuff will not come off with a pressure wash, at least not one that will not take off the paint as well. The best thing Ive used is a hair dryer. I would not use a plastic razor blade, most likely scratch the paint. You will probably also need a buff if it is a dark color vehicle.
  6. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have an idea, of what your doing, it won't cause any damage if it does a little fine compound will remove it.
    Keep in mind, sometimes lettering causes paint to dull, so you may need to compound it any way ...
  7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I should have added that it was stock vinyls from the dealership...
  8. luckydooley

luckydooley LawnSite Senior Member

Blow dryer and plastic scraper worked great for me. I used windex to remove adhesive.
  9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

if they are pretty recent a pressure washer may do it but most likely a heat gun and some goof-off will have to do
  10. sonic 2009

sonic 2009 LawnSite Member
    from mo

These are all good ideas. I am a pro detailer. First I would wash your truck ( use a fiber towel to prevent from scratching your truck}. Second I would use a heat gun with a plastic razor blade. Then I would use a adhesive remover (body solvent it is less harsh on the paint or you can use orange it comes in a can} then I would wash the truck one more time and wax it. Have fun it you have a lot of stickers