Letters to commercial accounts, I need help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kc2006, Oct 24, 2005.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I have a question for those of you that send letters out to property managers and such for commercial accounts, apartments, churches etc.

How do you address these letters so they go to the right person and don't get thrown away?

Also could someone guide me through what to write in the letter?

I can't seem to figure out a nice letter to send. I'm thinking it should say for them to consider us when they accept bids for the lawn care and then explain about the company some?

Any help would be great, this is my first time attempting to get commercial accounts on a large scale.

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Oh come on, your all smart here, someone has to have some info.

3. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

KC,

I need the same help, there has to be someone with that info ! I didnt find much using search.

One thing that I did read here was a company that sends a letter with a return envelope and a seperate letter that has a check list for interest in the lco bidding on their property.

kc let me know if you find a letter, I would appricate it.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I address them to so-n-so ATT. "property manager"
    And to make sure they get to the right person usually means knowing someone on the board in a HOA, or getting a referral or having your name known.
    Ask if they are accepting bids, if not ask to be put on there list for when they do solicit bids. If you get asked to bid you will usually get a bid sheet with the specs of what they want done and you price it from there.

5. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Your best bet would be to walk in and ask for a contact name. If the contact is there you introduce yourself right there, if not write the contact a direct letter and ask for an appointment to meet and talk about lawn care etc.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<Table width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><TR><TD><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></TD></TR></Table>
    Hi kc2006,

You could also use your letter to introduce your business and the services you provide. Maybe send them a magnetic business card or something like that?
    <table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Make your own logo Free.</center>

7. electro

electro LawnSite Member

We have found that letters are a waste. Send out an interesting postcard. Only use it for branding purposes. Meaning it just gets them familiar with your name. To break into the commercial market you must fish in the waters where they hangout. Usually that's association meetings for property managers or networking groups. Advertise in local trade publications. Stop in to visit as often as possible.
    A 1 letter campaign is a waste of a stamp.

http://www.yourcostcenter.com

8. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

Hey electro, You hit the nail on the head. Letters don't get much response.

9. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

Go to your chamber of commerce, they have newcommers guides w/ buisnesses, address ph/fax and usually the ownere/ manager name.
    & while your there JOIN!