Letting a customer go (?)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CutApproved, Jul 27, 2005.

1. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Does anyone have any suggestions on wordage or maybe a sample letter?

I have an account that I need to let go,, now!!
    The owner is a lawyer and the wife is a p.i.t.a. Never pay on time and always complain about not being there on time etcc. none of which is true.

I need a sample letter.

2. Love2Cut

Love2Cut LawnSite Member

Dear Lawyer and wife,

I CutÂ’m good
    And on time I show
    dealin wich you
    aint worth the dough
    complain and whine
    aint worth my time
    pay the rest
    you lawyer pest
    So ima dropping you
    Faster than a prom dress
  3. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Thats too funny

:p :waving:
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>

Hi CutApproved,

Could you just send them a letter stating due to your own cost increases, your prices will be raised to $x.xx dollars effective a specific date. Make it an outrageous price and then they may just call you and say they don't want you anymore.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>
  5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

I cancel about one client per year for the reasons you sited.

My people are authorized to cancel an account on the spot if they are abused in any way.ie cussing ,screaming or wrongly accused.

We send a short letter advising the client their service is canceled(after they have paid up their balance)and provide them with name and number of our competition. Sort of "Heres a quarter, call someone who cares"

My people are not paid to take abuse.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have never sent a letter, I prefer to do it in person and I try to handle it as nicely as they will let me. I just thank them for their patronage but tell them Im sorry but Im not going to be able to please you so I recommend you find someone else. I also dont give any 2 or 4 weeks notice I do it immediately.
  7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I thought I was the only one that gave my competition's name to a potential cleint. I like giving the phone number also, I'm going to have to start doing that...