Letting others run your operation?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Apr 11, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Well this is a odd post but you guys all have probably been in this situation. I have a operation appx 4 years old that is seeing good sucess. I have many contracts for commercial sites, and residential. It seems now that the season is here I have gone into cutter mode. I know you guys might give me some cruel words about this, but mowing commercial and residential properties is not rocket science..What I am getting at is I have been offered a decent interesting job with benifits, time off, insurance, and have been deeply thinking about letting others handle the mowing end of the buisness day in day out, allowing the buisness to continue and me to take on a interesting job. Do you guys think this is crazy or...and yes kinda bad timming on the offer spring...so give me some feed back..thanks....

[Edited by eggy on 04-11-2001 at 09:08 PM]

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

its your life eggy. do just exactly what seems best to you
    aint it great

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I had a carpenter contractor call me a couple of years ago to be an estimator. Wanted me to take over the head estimator job with in a year. I'm still cutting grass. :)

I'm sure you could find someone to run your biz, but I would want to work with them for at least a season to train them right. If you had someone you know and trusted in charge, it sure would help.
    Good Luck

4. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

What built your business? Was it careful attention to detail? Faithful to show up on time? Did you do a better job than big companies? I've found it hard to find an employee who sees what I see, who is motivated and ultimatly cares whether my company grows or not. Most want to do as little as possible and collect a check every Friday. I still send a crew out without me and I'm not afriad of delegation, but if I was tied up at another job while the crew was out on a regular basis - I believe the business would suffer.