level of education....how much$$$?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 8, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i saw the thread "level of education", now i'm curious about how much money did it cost you? i have no clue what education costs, for obvious reasons. can u tell me?

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

my brother is paying almost 20 grand a year. Ill be paying around 3-4 at the local community college next year. My hs diploma is costing me a whopping +25 grand.

3. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

The cost to me for a BS in engineering for an in-state school ran me ~4k per semester. Took me 5 years. I was lucky though, I had parents who were able to support me a little. They paid for one semester and I paid for another. No, I'm not ashamed to admit that, I'm proud because I'm appreciative for parents who actually care about there kids.

So cost to me was about 20k, total cost was 40k. However, I didn't have to take out any student loans because of the parents help and me working all through college. Another point, I didn't dorm there, that would have doubled the cost...didn't feel like taking loans out for sharing a roommate, eating mess hall food, and sharing a bathroom with a whole floor of guys.

I graduated in late 90's and market was good. Got a job lined up and started working 3 weeks after graduation. Nice signing bonus and salary was more than what the total college cost was.

4. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

My College degree cost me around $60 G's. I was on the 5-year plan. My industry "education" has cost me at least that in learning-by-mistakes:eek:

Peace,

Rex

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I've managed to wrap up about $52k thus far. Finishing up my seventh year now. Not done yet and won't be till tha fat lady sangs!

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

didn kost me nottin

7. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

You must also keep in mind the "Opportunity Cost" involved. If I didn't go to college, how much would I have made during those 4 or 5 years??

8. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont even get me started on that issue. If i would have put the $12g's i spend on tuition each year towards advertising, Lord only knows where id be.

9. noiseyvoyzey

noiseyvoyzey LawnSite Member

20k and never worked a day in that field

10. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Well its costing me so far 120,000.0 thats not counting books. But she will have a masters hopefully she will go for her doc so she cane pay me back.