Leveling and adding larger tires

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by S man, Feb 20, 2012.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 2011 f150 screw that I really want to lift and level. And then add some 33" tires to my stock 18" rims. I was going to go with readylift 3" and do 1.5" in the rear to level. And go with Bfg all terrain T/A KO 305/65/18s. I know they will fit with the lift kit but is there anything I should consider before doing this? Like speedo/ odom recalibration, tsc, re gearing? Here's a pic of my truck. It's 2wd btw. Next truck will def be 4wd.

DSCN0842.jpg

2. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I would just wait until you get a 4x4 to do any mods. Doing any lift and over sized tires on a 4x2 is a waste of money and is going to look a bit redneck.

Leveling is really needed more for 3/4 & 1 ton 4x4 trucks where the back sits up several inches higher.

3. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^ Agreed. Save your coin for something else.

4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

2wd f150? why bother?

5. psdnate

psdnate LawnSite Member

Do it! That will look sweet

6. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

If your lifting it 3" then you will want 35's not 33's. Just do the spring spacer and call it quits. You will need an alignment for sure. Yes your speedo and odo will be wrong. You can fix that with a basic comp chip.

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I would have taken the money you will blow on tires and a lift and put it toward something useful like 4wd

8. psdnate

psdnate LawnSite Member

35's probably wont fit since it's a 2wd.

9. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Your factory wheels aren't bad but if you want to personalize your ride some custom wheels and tires befitting a 4x2 would be a good way to dress up the truck. 4wheelonline.com usually has the best prices on wheels. You could get some slight wider tires (1-1.5" max) and some wheels that are offset about 1" and it would give the truck a more aggressive look that would look perfect for a 4x2. But stick with street tires and fight the urge to put any BFG T/A KO type tires on your truck.

10. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Have you priced 35" BFG all terrains? They are not cheap by ANY means. Like everybody else said, fight the urge to be one of them guys with a 2wd and big tires that are basically useless. You will still get stuck everywhere and will be out of alot of coin.