Leveling and Seeding yard

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by adeaver, Jul 31, 2003.

1. adeaver

adeaver LawnSite Member

Our house is 4 years old. The finial grade was rather poorly done and the yard has never been level. This spring we put in a pool which has not helped the situation. I had thought of tilling up the yard and starting over, which is still a possibility. I did get an estimate from a professional which I can not afford to pay. So in short here is my question. Will a Harley rake help me to smooth out and level my yard? I do have access to a tractor with a frontend loader and can rent just about anything else I might need. So any suggestions will be greatly appricated.

Allen

2. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

How big is the yard in sq. ft.? Many trees or other obstacles? What is the condition of the current turf?

3. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

harley would do a dandy job, but it's not for a novice. Takes a LOT of practice before you're good with it (don't own one, just done lots of reading because I'm interested).
    Like Vince said: how big?

4. simplicityjeff

simplicityjeff LawnSite Member

I would drop some top soil, which depending on the size may be a lot, and I would spread it with a bob cat - you can rent one of those puppies for about $200/day.