1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Leveling the Deck HELP - Hustler Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigbug, Jul 16, 2007.

1. bigbug

bigbug LawnSite Member

I have a 2006 Mini Z with a 52" Deck. I am following the manual step by step and have found that the lift springs keep forcing the lift rods forward making it very hard to get all the chains slack. Any suggestions from experienced deck levelers? Thank You.
  2. bigbug

bigbug LawnSite Member

From Customer Service at Hustler Turf:

"Hello. Leveling the deck using the step by step procedure outlined in the owners manual is good. Almost to good. I does take some time to do it. You are right about the springs, you will not get the springs relaxed. In step six, they are just asking you to loosen the nuts so you can easily adjust them, does not mean they are loose from spring pressure. If you follow the next steps all the way through, your deck should be level. The first time you do it, it seems complicated but after that it gets easy.

Thank you for your purchase of a Hustler Mini Z. It should give you years of mowing pleasure.

Randy Jantz
    Product Service Manager"

This makes much more sense to me now. I would also give Hustler a good report for customer service. Once I explained things well, they got my question and a good answer.

Mike Cliff