Lexmark Phazer or Navigator??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green-Cuts, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

Hey

I am looking a head to getting a Z mower and need some advice or input.
    I am looking at 2 emark mowers and both have good points.

1. Navigator has the intergrated 9.5 bagging system and would be good for the larger homes that I have been getting called for. They are 1-2 acres and want it bagged. What is the price on these and does it come with the cutting deck??

2. The phaser would also help in those large properties with the 34-44 inch decks. It would also let me get a Z in the back yard of some of my other accounts that would make mowing time faster. I am not sure if the phaser can bag though, does it have an optional baging system? How much do they run?

I have been looking at the Quick 36, Gravely and a few others and from what I can tell most people prefer the Exmarks to anything. Any thoughts or comments on this would be great.

BJ

2. Green-Cuts

Hi

Any info or if you have used either one of these would be great.

Thanks
    BJ

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Probably $8K or more for the big bagging unit similar to Walker.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Navigator is over $11k, at least at my dealer

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The Lexmarks are ok, but I prefer a brand name product. Hewlitt Packard has always worked well. The ink cartridges seem to last longer, as well.

6. mcwlandscaping

you beat me too it!!!hahahaha

7. Green-Cuts

Thanks for all the help with my printer problems smart A%$.:hammerhead:
    I repair PC's and printers for my other business and just got done working on a lexmark.

I would however like to hear what people have to say about the exmark mowers.

Thanks
    BJ

8. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

the couple of lazer z's i have borrowed from my uncle were great. it will be my next mower.

9. Green-Cuts

Hey

Any others want to put in ther 2 cents??

Thanks
    BJ

10. mcwlandscaping

Navigator-around $11k
    Phazer- around $5k

If you are bagging those sized lawns i would think that the navigator is your best bet because the only bag you can put on the phazer is the side basket which IMO sucks and you would be emptying it every two passes on props of that size and trips to the trailer would be VERY frequent to empty it. The phazer does have its good points in you application as being a small mower to get into back yards and such BUT you can do these back yards with a used 36" mower you can pick up elsewhere a lot cheaper than buying the phazer. The navigator will IMO be the best is your application. large properties that want grass bagged. That is what mowers like the navigator and walkers are specially designed for. on those large props ide bet that the navigator is a lot more comfortable to drive as well. HOWEVER the price difference between the two mowers is emence IMO. Hope that helps