1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

LF: Stainless steel ball mount with 10,000 GTW

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawncuttinfoo, Mar 8, 2011.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

LF: Stainless steel ball mount with 10,000 GTW
    Been searching the web for awhile with no matches, closest I can find is aluminum at 8,000 GTW.

Anyone know of a company that makes these?

2. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

3. lawncuttinfoo

No, standard steel drawbars are rated up to 12,000,
    Example http://www.hitchcorner.com/ball_mounts.htm

I may even settle for a SS at 8,000, but the max in SS I can find is 6,000

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a Rapid Hitch. It's all aluminum (except the balls) and rated at 10,000 towing/1500 tongue weight. Not cheap but very solid and well made.

5. lawncuttinfoo

Are all parts of that hitch lockable?
    It looks like both the adjusting part and where the ball connects are able to be removed without a lock.

6. Great White Services

Great White Services LawnSite Member

I just bought my "Rapid Hitch" on Friday. :) :) It's awesome, well worth the money !!! Made from Super Alloy Aluminum. It's good to 10,000 lbs GVWR and 1500 lbs tongue weight. I used it on the weekend to haul my dumper to the dump. Very easy to use and built very strong.
    Yes all parts are lockable. I had to buy the two lock pins seperate though, at extra cost but I guess it's worth it cause I don't want any of it to go missing !
    You don't have to use the lock pins if you don't want just use the pins that come with it if you want BUT I don't trust anyone !!!

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Got my rims and tires from that place last year great products. But what I can't seem to find is a stainless steel 2 5/16 10000 rated Ball. The chrome balls eventually the coating wears off then they are rusty and stick when your trying to unhook the trailers

8. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

An occasional spray of lithium grease will keep the ball from sticking. It won't help looks much, the only way to keep a trailer ball pristine is to never tow with it.:laugh:

9. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Here is the first result under a Google search for "stainless steel trailer ball": http://www.qmctechnologies.com/hitchballs/news.html.

10. lawncuttinfoo