LGF made sprayer/spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LAWNGODFATHER, May 1, 2002.

1. Here are some pics of one I made.

side.jpg

2. It now has a spray wand and an electric silinoid to open spreader. Not shown in pics.

front.jpg

3. Last one.

back.jpg

4. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looks good.

Curious why you would use a solenoid (with all their idiosyncrasies) when your foot is right there.

Would seem that 25 gal liquid (+/- 175 lbs.) up that high would make it a little unstable on hills. I would mount a tank underneath.

5. I had a brake cable from a bicycle before to open spreader.

Every thing had to be easily removed, so now it takes about 2 minutes to take it all off, or put it all on.

Flip a switch and it spreads fert, flip another it sprays.

The spreader drops right in a 4" hitch, the tank comes off with 4 bolts, and the boom mounting bracket comes off with 4 bolts.

2 plugs and it's all off.

It still gets used to mow.

The thing does rather well on hill, I just don't fill it full of liquid to do them.

At 207 pounds for 25 gal, and put a 50# bag of fert in the spreader it does not pull any wheelies.

Now I have to hook up a digital spedo and It's set.

6. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

LGF,

Nice neat job. What kind of solenoid & where did you get it? I've had customers use Chelsea PTO cables many times but always felt a switch would be more convenient. Either method has to be better than our cheasey rope setup.

Steve

7. Yeah it is cheasy. I used a similar set up to the spread4more for the spreader, and all the rest is from TeeJet.

I tried getting all of it through Lesco, but they were unable to get all of it.

So I got it from another place next-day air. That stuff is not cheap. The vavles, nozzles, fillings and tips were $425 worth.

I think I have about $1300 in the the whole thing.

It looks a lot like the C&S TurfTracker doesn't it?

Any one want some pics of one LOL.

I have 1 switch for the boom and one for the spreader to open and a 3rd to make it spin. All easy in reach.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is one sweet deal. How much wider than the boom ends does it spray? Or does it just spray down like a cone nozzle?

9. It sprays 108" (9 feet) wide. I think the boom is 7.5' wide.

I used 80 degree TeeJet spray tips.

20" spacing.

30% overlap

19.2" off the ground.

They are a flat fan type, and sprays droplets not a mist.

I just orded a foam marker kit for it. I would like to be more sure of my overlap than 2.5' off my wheel marks.

http://www.turftrackernow.com/Pro-line.htm

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice setup.
    Where did you get the digital speedo and how much are they?
    I built a rig for my Walker just for spraying and it would be nice to have the speedo option. Thanks for the good ideas.