LHP hitch kit mounting help...... INSTRUCTIONS ARE NO HELP!

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Navig8r, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Could any of you guys please answer a ? I have for mounting my new hitch kit on my LHP?
    The part # is 651234

I also have an Ultra-Vac mounted,....... does the hitch kit go in between the weight and the frame (in place of the spacer)? Or does it go on the far rear of the machine, after the weight?

The instructions are nothing more than a diagram, and do not show placement relative to the weight, as nothing but the frame and the hitch are shown on the diagram.

Also....... can you tell me the List price for this part....

Thanks,

T.J.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

T.J,

I did some checking and it looks like the hitch should be mounted on the outside of the weight. I doubt the mounting bolts will be long enough with the vac and spacer in place so you'll probably need to get some longer bolts.

Give me a call at 800-667-5296.

Thanks

Terry

3. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Terry,

Thanks for the reply...... I had already tried it both ways and figured if I mounted it between, then there'd be no room for an implement to reach the hole properly on the hitch.

The bolts are long enough, BARELY.....another 1/4" would be nice, 1/2" would be awesome. There's room... why not just include longer bolts in place of the ones provided for all installs?

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

TJ,

We kinda discovered that one ourselves this week after you posted. The engineers are looking at it right now to determine the longer bolts would interfere with anything else on the older models.

Thanks

Terry

5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

problem with putting it between the weight is clearance. I put mine in the very rear and flipped it upside down and drilled new holes. That way getting on and off the trailer your not scraping driveways and anything else why your cutting.