LI 700 rate per K

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by teejet, Mar 24, 2010.

1. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

What is a good rate to use? with a tank mix of 1/2 lb nitrogen (urea) and 2,4d ester LV400 (1 oz. per K) ? temps are still cool here in southern indiana This is the first time I have used it except for with round-up.

2. Shegardi

Shegardi LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I use 2 pts/ 100 gal with MecAmine D and Chaser 2 both, good results.

3. teejet

teejet LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Thanks, Chaser2 is not ester based, I suppose it would be ok at that rate with ester based products.

4. Shegardi

Shegardi LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

No but have done same with Chaser Ester, no problems here.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Unlike herbicides--surfactants are added to the spray solution based on the volume of solution--not on the ounces per 1000 sqft. Use the label as your guide. You should notice a visible better wetting effect. The weed control droplets should spread out and cling to weeds better. Clover in particular should appear to be more wet. I am not sure the staight 2,4-D is sufficient for clover. Figure your cost per thousand--maybe another weed control or heavier application of Three-Way would be better for your situation.

6. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

I may be wrong but why would you be adding to LI700 to an ester based product. I only LI700 with animes.

Matt

7. rwsawal04

rwsawal04 LawnSite Member

I used reward at .65 oz per 1000 and 2-4d ester at 1.5 oz per 1000 and got good results, but that reward is kind of high.