Liability Business Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by greeneakers04, Apr 4, 2005.

1. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

Hey, had a quick Q for you guys.

Last week State Farm quoted me $525/yr for $1,000,000 policy.

Today Farm Bureau quoted me $201/yr for $1,000,000 policy.

Any input? Why such a vast difference?
    (not to be confused with vas deferens)
  2. richmadmax

richmadmax LawnSite Member

Yes i too call state farm insurance and had the same quote. I think they don't do many liability insurance. They are more house, car and other stuff. Or maybe they just like ripping people off.
  3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

IMO as long as you've dealt with them before and you know there won't be any problems when a claim is filed...go with Farm Bureau. They seem to be a pretty reputable company from what I've seen.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I have State Farm on my truck but they wanted proof that I was in business for 3 years before they would write a policy. I went with Farm Bureau and it was 204 and I had to pay 25 to join. I got 1mil/2 mil policy. I posted another thread about how cheap it is and how I wish I'd gotten it sooner.
  5. richmadmax

richmadmax LawnSite Member

That is why i can not see why everybody does not have it . Most are around $200-$500.
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I dont think farm beureu is around here, but i have state farm, and they were cheaper than anyone else i called. I did have a claim that was handled promply. You may want to lookinto how they are about that, because if you wreck something the customer generally doesnt like to wait forever to get it fixed, and will cancel so there goes your savings. Im not saying they are bad, but look into it.
  7. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

8. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

Great site thanks!
  9. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I just wrote mine with Farm Bureau even though my better half is a State Farm agent. She told me to go where the best deal was. I had her to review the policy since insurance to me is just mumbo jumbo anyway and she told me it was just as good as State Farms......