Liability Insurance in FL

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by panzafit, Mar 29, 2011.

1. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

Yah exactly.. I think we pay something like $5k a year for insurance all around.. the more you make, the more they want to insure you! Workers comp is by far the most expensive. And since most Gen Liability plans don't go over 1mil/2mil limits if you need more then you have to buy another policy at full price too and just add em together.. not sure how that works out but I certainly don't want to ever find out who is gonna pay if I needed more than 2mil in coverage!.. Luckily the only "accidents" this year are a broken car window( thrown rock) , broken store front window(store employees left debris-they paid) , and 1 car accident, cop ran a stoplight, lights and sirens and caused a multiple car accident from slamming on the brakes. ( My foremen tapped the guy in front of him, 15k lbs don"t stop in 20 ft) can't blame him for that. But the insurance company will and make you pay your deductible even though they aren't found at fault.. go figure!

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

For a solo guy with no equipment coverage its 220 bones. I just set my nephew up with a policy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I must be getting ripped off here in Texas.

4. kickingrassllc

kickingrassllc LawnSite Member

Who did you use?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mjlcare2

mjlcare2 LawnSite Member

With what limits on payroll.. if your making 100k a year solo I can guarantee it won't be $220.. whats the first cut-off for payroll $15k?

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's $16,700.00 but I may be wrong.

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

They toss on a 15K on top of my payroll to cover me.

8. Patriot Services

Your not going to start from scratch as a solo and make much more your first year. That's payroll not gross receipts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Patriot Services

Its just a starter policy that you can option up as much you want at any time. The point is you have that safety cushion if you need it. Luckily I've gone 20+ years without having to file a claim. Insurance doesn't replace vigilance and good safety habits.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Dang! :D