Liability Insurance Shopping

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by greenman099, Dec 9, 2010.

1. greenman099

greenman099 LawnSite Member

Shopping around for insurance prices for liability for chemical apps. Anybody recommend a carrier or agent? I'm in Alabama.
    Thanks

2. ALATURF

ALATURF LawnSite Member

Try Woody Dozier at Dozier Ins. Agency 420-3798. He takes care of mine and has been competivly priced.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

greenman

Thomco is the Main Nation Wide insurance provider of Pesticide liability. They work with almost every Independent insurance agent. So most any independent insurance agent can write you. BTW I just renewed my insurance for the next year with Thomco.

4. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

farm and family they are a sponsor on this forum

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know about carrier...but make darned sure the coverage you take out covers apps INCLUDING Prop Dam coverage for mistakes in application (i.e. round up in a tank of 3way). Ask explicitly then see in writing that you have the proper coverage. Some agents don't know their head from their booty on this.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck finding a carrier that will insure mistakes (negligence) We use Farm Family, they are awesome. However, the specifically EXclude damage caused by mistakes. I am ok with that, why? because we should know better, isnt that why we have a license and training?....and it keeps my insurance premiums down because my carrier is not paying out for every idiots "mistake"

my 2 cents

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Check with Auto Owners Insurance Co...the name implys they are for autos, but they cover chemical applications.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Erie Insurance is great

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I believe it is called Voluntary Property Damage coverage and it does exist.
    Boy, if I could not cover my butt for that exposure, what the heck do I even have the coverage for anyway? Might want to check with your agent.

10. mike174

mike174 LawnSite Member