Liability Insurance Shopping

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Xcellent Lawn, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Xcellent Lawn

Xcellent Lawn LawnSite Member

I am shopping for Liability Insureance what are some of the figures you are paying. My busienss is 95% residetial mowing accounts, How much liability do I need. Any suggestions would be great work in lower michigan.

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

See if Erie Insurance operates in Michigan. They always seem to be the lowest priced. $1 million in liability for $295/year.

3. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Erie is the best they have taken care of me very well . I have 2 mil, 2 mil agg for 370 for the year. good luck

4. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto what everyone else said. I just got a quote from them for 500k, 1Mil aggregate, with pesticides, for $330.

5. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

do you all have a website for Erie Ins, I googled it and am not sure I have the right one.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know what you mean. I wanted to look into Erie before but I could never find information about them

7. Jerry and Sons

from Pa

my agent is in Pa (215) 579-9565

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thanks for the number. I am going to have to give them a call up. How are thing in regards to customer service, returning phone calls, etc?

9. Jerry and Sons

from Pa

i have not had any claims as of yet (knock on wood) but they do return my phone calls proptly or answer my question right on the spot. I have requested multiple copies of my certificate of Ins. mangement companies have received them without delay.

10. justcutz

justcutz LawnSite Member

I checked into Erie and they do not service New Hampshire. Any other suggestions? Also if anyone is from my neck of the woods, what coverage do you get and for what cost?