liability insurance

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by causalitist, Jun 22, 2007.

1. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

got any suggestions as to a good place to get liability insurance from?
    any to stay away from or any that are the most expensive?
    im in wisconsin if that matters.

what am i looking at paying yearly for general liability as a solo guy working april-nov on 35 accounts?

2. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

It doesnt matter of you have 1 or 100 accounts. will pay same price as long as you are solo. Im wiht the hartford and pay around 550 a year for a million per occurrence and 2 million a year total.

3. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

I think I pay around $600 for the same coverage. But most companies, including mine, want to cover your vehicle too, I believe. That will be significantly extra, of course.

4. gdfelas

gdfelas LawnSite Member

wow this is my first year in the business and im paying $900. i guess everything is more expensive in mass. :cry:

5. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Usually the differance between the 600 and 900 is that the
    contract covers replacement cost of equipment, and your TRAILER.
    It is possible to get a policy for 450.00 if you only care about gen liability.
    Alan

6. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine covers equipment but does not cover truck.

7. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

thanks alot for the input guys, i just got quoted $517 for the same coverage as you guys, and $2500 of my equiptment thats "on premesis" i.e. in my garage.

its not covered in transit, but thats an extra $90 . and all i'll get stolen is a backback blower or something.. not worth it.

i hate insurance, dont have it on any of my cars/ trucks/motorcycles.
    its wisconsin, so im not required to. how i look at it is insurance companies are billion dollar companies because statistically, we all would be much richer without insurance... if they make money, then we are paying extra.
    i estimate ive saved around 15k so far.
    i finally had a commercial customer ask for it, so i have to get it if i want the job. it DOES make me very nervous side discharging and all, so i kinda wanted liability anyway.

good to hear the quote i got is in line with yours, thanks for letting me know im not getting ripped off, because i dont have any time to shop around.

8. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

You have to ask yourself
    If you trailer gets hit by an uninsured motorist, is your equipment covered.
    If you roll a ZTR, will they fix it.
    The cost of saying yes is 50.00/yr
    Life is a choice
    Alan