1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Liability Insurance?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rmiller_5589, May 15, 2009.

1. rmiller_5589

rmiller_5589 LawnSite Member

What companies sell Liability insurance and what are you paying for the coverage?

2. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

I use Nova Insurance and pay about $600 a year for 500K coverage (includes herbicide application) I've never had a claim so I can't comment on service--except they do process my premium check really fast and efficient.:)
  3. dtelawn

dtelawn LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I actually use Alafa. They insure my home, autos, and everything else. Only had one claim and my agent handled it. I made one call, gave him the customers phone # and never had to deal with it again. Oh yeah, $510 a year for $500,000 coverage.
  4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Farm Bureau: $300/year. ($1 mil.)
  5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

MSA , and they pork me to the tune of about 2 k.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Columbia: $456/ year for $1 million
  7. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Wow, that's a good deal.
  8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I think it's in part b/c I'm a solo operator. I seem to recall my agent telling me that having employees would jack it up.
  9. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

SF $428, 1mil
  10. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

I have posted this over the years but I will do so again:

I understand many people do not want to ask the agents because they think it will affect our ability to negotiate, but that is silly. If your asking these basic questions there is no money to be made on your policy. Liability starts at about 320 and up. Most small LCO's pay between the low 300's to high 800's. Add employee payroll and you pay more.