1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

liars in the biz!?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass_Slayer, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

i went to my dealer today to buy a shindaiwa t230 for cheap. he bought them off an lco who wanted to change to sthil. my dealer told me they were all in good running order (even though on closer inspection they looked like they had been abused) then i began to become leary of this so called deal. my dealer ran one of them that was running very well, and the lco assured him that they were all the same. my dealer tried to crank another today to let me run it (he sold the one he used already) and it wouldnt crank. it sounded extremely bad when he pulled the cord. he also had a t270 in about the same condition from the same guy. he cranked up that one and the throttle was stuck wide open, only the head was not moving!? sorry for the long post, but i thought most guys in our line of work were honest. especially the ones that have larger businesses.

i guess i'm just not exposed enough to the real world.:(
  2. wolfpacklawn

wolfpacklawn LawnSite Member

what in the world made you think that all guys who mow grass are honest?
  3. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

i dont know, i'm just to sheltered from the world. i was taught that it is never ok to lie cheat or steal. and this guy has done all of these to many people. it just seems like most of the guys on here are good and decent hard working, and it doesnt seem like u guys lie all the time to get ahead or get rid of some crappy equip.
  4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

weren't these the ones you said were cheap for sale? like 100 each? sounded too good to be true to me. my dealer said they'd sell me a 230 brand new for 250. not sure what they normally go for.