license and insurance in new york

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnguy268, Feb 10, 2007.

1. lawnguy268

lawnguy268 LawnSite Member

I was just wordering if anyone from new york can make some suggestions on where to get good cheap insurance. And a ball park figure of what you guys pay.. And as far as a license how did you obtain it ??

thanks

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

There are separate licenses for Suffolk County and Nassau County, you have to get an application from Consumer affairs and take a test. Some villages also require separate licenses/permits. As far as insurance we are insured through the Farm Bureau. They are a very strict company that will want proof of prior insurance and a claims report. You best bet would probably be calling around and getting quotes. :)

3. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

when you going to fix your web site paponte lol

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Long story!! Another case of designer MIA. Nothing like designing a half functional site, and not finishing it. I'm actually in the process of getting it fixed or just getting a new one designed.

5. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

good to hear

6. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

When i received my license they said you need 5 years experience with a LCO in order to receive a license but no test. Is the test something new you can take in place of having experience???

I got insurance through an allstate agent 1 million coverage no theft or anything for under $900 a year.. They where half the price of every place i visited