Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by AllProLC, Feb 20, 2007.

1. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

Do you need to be licensed in the state of Indiana for lawn care..mainly mowing
  2. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

Did you ever find your answer? :)
  3. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

There is no State requirement to be licensed to mow. Some cities/county's may require it though. Check with the local county courthouse or mayor's office and ask them.
  4. CrownLawnSvc

CrownLawnSvc LawnSite Member

I am pretty sure you need to go to the courthouse ( county clerks or recorders office) and get a certificate of assumed business name if you are a sole proprietor.
  5. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

When I talked to mine they acted like I was crazy. They were no help what so ever.
  6. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Go mow grass. you don't need a license. Been in business for 7 yrs and they still collect property tax from my lawn business and never been instructed to get a license.
    Good Luck,
  7. StihlGreen

StihlGreen LawnSite Member
    from us

been through all this with the SSA, IRS, GOV.. here in Indiana you do not need to be licensed to mow or run your business. However, if you choose to lay Fertilizer-Pesticides and what-not, you will have to be certified or Licenced. If you only mow and clean-up, then you are fine..