license# on vehicle/trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Chop Stuff Up, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

I use my truck for personal use, and in addition to that, it'll be used for the lawn biz next season. In the past, I never had the business license # posted on the truck, or any form of advertisement (business name, phone#, etc.). I'm not too crazy about having a bunch of decals on my personal truck. I'm wondering if there are any legal issues, or if its just a good idea to have the Lic# on the truck or whay, since I see it a lot. I'm thinking about using magnets, could I put the # on there? Or I was thinking about just putting everything somewhere on the trailer.

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

no one cares about the number if it came down to it legally theyll look it up

3. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i run stealth and never have gotin pesterd about it ether

4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on your type of business and state regulations. I live in md and use my f-350 for business pull equiptment, etc., I also use it for personel so i have have magnetic signs. 3 reasons: When im pulling eq. im over 10,000 dot fined me 50.00 last year for not having this on. Md home imp. comm. recquires me to have co. name and lic. # on vechicle. My second truck i had in business was painted real nice with gold leaf etc., was great until i sold truck and costed me a fortune to remove. My truck is nice looking and when i go hunting or out of town such as nascar, etc., i dont care to have all of this crap so i just pull off the sign.
    Mike