license please....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by captken, Mar 29, 2006.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are people constantly asked if they are certified when posting questions on this forum? Just curious....:dizzy:
    If they aren't, would you refuse to answer the question? If so, why? If they say they are certified how can you prove it?

My proof, on file, for when I ask a question:drinkup: ...

document 001 (Medium).jpg

2. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

That is not proof of anything. That is a Private Applicator card. That card lets you buy Restricted use pesticide and use them on you farm or home in Mississippi.

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i think a lot of it has to do with people asking dumb questions....like "i was fertlilizing a lawns today and the wind started to pick-up...should i have called it a day or was i right to push on."

I thing Questions like this one often make people think that.

1. They are not certified...and have no business handling pesticides
    2. Are just plain dumb

4. captken

So, whats your point....you will not answer questions? or what?:confused: My farm has been in use for generations.....before me! I was raised on a farm and retain a good portion of said farm today...how much land do you own? BTW, I am near 50 years old...enlighten me with your knowledge...or baffle me with your bs:clapping: I was spraying acreage with a John Deere tractor [probably before you were born]

5. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

It doesn't matter how old you are. You are breaking the law doing business in weed control without a License. With over 5 years experience in the lawn industry and almost 1300 post on Lawnsite, did you not know that you were breaking the law by not having a REAL license?

6. captken

I sub out, I only asked a question....good God.

7. captken

Are you certified? Proof please....or are you just a farm hand..from Batesville....without credentials?

8. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

captken you are doing the right thing contrcting out. Follow the label if you want. It's a gamble not a crime to reseed the area under the amount of time.

9. captken

Thank you for your response...kenny.:waving: