1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

    Dismiss Notice

license to compost at school?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Chris Burisek, Mar 9, 2009.

  1. Chris Burisek

    Chris Burisek LawnSite Member
    Posts: 30

    I know of a school in Illinois that has the desire to purchase 5-6 can o worm composters for their students and faculty to use at school. Do they need a special license to use, compost and sell castings as a fundraiser?
    Thanks for your help.
  2. ICT Bill

    ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member
    Posts: 4,116

    What would be a lot of fun is instead of BUYING a special product maybe you could recycle something that would be thrown out otherwise to do vermicomposting. I do believe that would kick it up a notch

    Mr and Mrs worm are not that picky, they will set up house anywhere, as long as the climate is right

    they may need a local business license and may need to apply for a soil amendment license through the state. It is minimal, $25 or so
  3. treegal1

    treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,911

    maybe a worm farmer would donate or subsidize a worm bin??? Chris if you like I am around...

Share This Page