License?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnMowerKing10, Sep 12, 2009.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Where can I get a license? I am 15 and am trying to get a license.. WHat kind of license do I need? I do mowing , bush trimming, mulch, and leaf removal

2. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

More then likely you will not be able to get a business license until you are at least 19 and defiantly not insurance. The government does not recognize a person as an adult until 19 years of age therefore your signature will not be recognized on legal documents. You may need to get your parents to get a license and have you as an employee. It sucks but I think it will be the only legal way?

3. LawnMowerKing10

I know for a fact I will not be able to get insurance until I am atleast 18 but why kind of license do I need ?

4. jhawk60

jhawk60 LawnSite Member
    from VA

You need to contact your city, county, and state to see if a license is necessary in your area, unless another member close to you chimes in with this info. The need for a license and requirements for such vary greatly by locale.

5. LawnMowerKing10

I could ask my dad ( a police officer) but I am not sure if he knows.... I will have him ask around.