1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

License

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by POWER STROKE, Jan 9, 2011.

1. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

Hi everyone I am wanting to go legit this year. I was just wondering if in the Grand Rapids, MI area, if we need a lawn care License just mowing, Trimming, Edging. If so where do I need to go to get this. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Don't quote me on this, but I don't believe so. I know in Ottawa county we don't need any type of license to do lawn care, so I would think that in Kent county you wouldn't need to have a license either. Honestly I haven't heard of licenses for this in any towns around here either.

Now if you start getting into design/build services you will need a license and if you get into fertilizing you will need a license. But for just mowing and general landscaping, you won't need a license.

3. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

I knew for any fertilizing or pesticide you need to have a license for them. But I was not sure about mowing.
    Thanks Mower Brad,