licensed applicator wisconsin

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by The mayor, Jun 9, 2005.

1. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at becoming a licensed applicator in Wisconsin. Where does one begin to look. tia

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

3. The mayor

thanks, That will give me a great start.

4. FoxDen

FoxDen LawnSite Member

I am a certified applicator in Mayville WI. I can tell you that its best to take your test in Madison. You get the test results and your license, (provided you pass), immediately. Other locations you have to wait. The test is tough, but if you study you should have no problems. I have always done the self-study as opposed to the class. I guess I learn better that way. Something to do over the winter. The tests are usually administered in the early spring. Good luck!

5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

You can take the test year round at different locations. Madison, Waukesha, and Milwaukee are three locations. There are others. You have to set up an appointment. The Dept. of Ag handles everything. You have to buy study materials. My 17 old son just past the test. He self studied. The test seems to be getting more difficult. But certification is good for five years.

6. The mayor

Thank you all for the help. Everything is ordered up (manual and cd) One quick question. My wife decided to take the test instead of me. I will be just focusing on the mowing part. Will I be able to help apply on the weed and feed part. Or is that strictly forbidden. I know read the manual, but it just got ordered.

7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

No pesticides on other peoples property! You should see about a license that lets you apply under your wifes supervision when she passes.

8. The mayor

I will look into that. Sound like very strict standards.

9. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Every applicator must be certified. There is a training provision, but that is limited to three month I believe.